Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back with a Bang

Believe it or not, we {me and the kiddos} went back to work MONDAY! Shameful, but reality.

Here’s what they met upon arrival: Tell Me All About Your Christmas Break! 5 W’s and H organizer. Download this freebie!

viewer
clipart DJ Inkers and Jessica Weible

And to get them back into the groove, we’ve been reviewing Read to Someone and Self expectations {we kinda just do Daily 2!} Monday we had a 1 hour reading marathon to get our stamina for read to self back. I found the idea on Ms. Winston’s blog and even though I allowed them to choose any book, it still worked well. I followed her setup if they chose fiction and had them record facts for nonfiction.

We also made our New Year foldables. I shared a printable version earlier, but I had to glitter mine up, so we made them using cut out numbers this time. I really loved how they turned out.

 IMG_0176

IMG_0177

IMG_0178

We have also been finishing up our insect life cycle unit. I sent the little buggers home over break so all the kids got to see their pupa emerge as darkling beetles. My teammie has discovered that they have new mealworms! The cycle has come full circle!

Here are the group posters we worked on. Students sorted insects into seasons when we would likely see them. We concluded about why there are simply not many in winter and fall, too.

IMG_0175

and my big boy bunny {Wicket my mini lop} also made a return to the classroom and his favorite spot-the closet!

IMG_0174

 

Happy TAILS!

signature

button-with-border-small

No comments:

Blogging tips