Sunday, January 27, 2013

Groundhog Day Word Work

Groundhog Day is next Saturday!  I sure hope that little guy doesn't get scared by his shadow, since I've already had enough of winter!  Of course, here in New England, we know better than to think a rodent can predict the weather.  There's a whole lot more than 6 weeks of winter here!

Here's a little Groundhog Day freebie to practice the consonant +le syllable.   

Here's another Groundhog Themed game on prefixes and suffixes:  My kids love this, and they're getting awesome at naming the baseword in words with prefixes and suffixes! 

Come on over to Elementary Matters to download these items!


Heather said...

Thanks for sharing. I will for sure be using this with my kids this week!

Mrs. Schroeder said...

This unit looks super cute! Thanks so much for sharing:)
The Schroeder Page

Blogging tips