Sunday, January 20, 2013

Winter in New England

I've always had a love/ hate relationship with winter.  I grew up in New England, so I'm no stranger to snow.  I've been sledding, skiing, tubing on snow, snowmobiling, and ice skating.  I've made snow forts, snow angels, and snowmen.  I've done plenty of shoveling and scraping ice off the car.  I've got plenty of experience driving in the snow and can manipulate my way out of a major skid.  I've driven white knuckled to many a destination.

I love how excited the kids get after a snow.  I love their rosy cheeks and the swish, swish, swish of the kids all wrapped up in their snow clothes.  I love how the fresh fallen snow sparkles in the sunlight.

But I'm not so fond of driving in it, shoveling it, or just plain being cold.  And I don't like the short days and long nights.

But, I have to admit, it's a great opportunity to do fun learning activities!  Come on over to Elementary Matters to see some recommendations on winter themed books, some learning games, and ideas to help you get through the winter!

1 comment:

Carrie Dawley said...

I love winter!! All of it... even the shoveling. :) I grew up in New England - born in Connecticut and spent the majority of my childhood in Massachusetts. Now, I'm in Alaska. It's a different kind of winter here, but I still enjoy it nonetheless. :)

I'll have to follow your link to Elementary Matters to check out the winter ideas, but I was distracted by the fact that you are a New Englander. Haha!

When you get some time, stop by my blog!
-Carrie
Floating Through First Grade

Blogging tips