Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Celebrating 500 followers with a FREEBIE!

It's sure been busy over at Down Under Teacher! I've just reached 500 followers - YIPPPEEEE!! - and created a 50 page beginners multiplication freebie to show my appreciation. 
 Not a follower? How about heading over and checking it out!

We've recently come back from holidays and I was CAH-RAZY enough to go in and rearrange my whole room. Sigh. But I love the changes I made and you can check out some new pics of my classroom and read about  how I structure my guided math groups in recent posts.  I use the TIME acronym: 
 
T: Teacher's Choice (sometimes I work with individuals for assessments rather than the groups, hence the name - it allows me more choice as to what I do with the group). 

I: Independent Work (includes computer programs, worksheets, activities with manipulatives etc to work on the current concept).

M: Math Facts (usually games, flash cards or partner activities to work on math facts or a targeted mental math strategy).

E: Essential Revision (going over something via a game or activity, with or without a partner, to review a concept from a few weeks ago to keep it fresh). 

You can read more about it here
 

Want some freebies? I've also posted polka dot clock times and boggle letters.
Ciao for now!

No comments:

Blogging tips