Saturday, October 15, 2011

Spiders...

Hi there! I had forgotten how much time it takes to plan for the holidays. Much more time now that I am teaching 2 grades at once!
My teaching buddy and I were busy late last night putting together a bat unit from all the great resources on your blogs!


Today I am working on a spider unit. I thought I'd post what I gotten with some of the great activities other bloggers shared!

My kids will be doing making words using the arachnids activity from Swimming into Second.

There is also a cute spider themed writing page.

We are going to create a spider can, have, are anchor chart. The students will create their own as well to use as a prewriting activity.
I also made some anchor chart labels to match!
I found some really cute ideas on Today in First Grade. I will be incorporating those too!

For math, we will be graphing whether or not we are afraid of spiders.
I am still working on other activities.

Grab what I have so far...

No comments:

Blogging tips