Thursday, September 22, 2011

Handling Students' Finished Work

Hi all! Denise here from Sunny Days In Second Grade!
When I first started teaching many moons ago, I learned pretty quickly that if your organizational skills were subpar, you were in for a world of trouble. One of the things I struggled with the most was managing students' finished work. I tinkered with various methods, like mailboxes and file crates and just handing  it back to them when I was done grading with a wish and a prayer that it would actually get home to the parents somehow.

After many years and many methods, what I'm doing now seems to work better than anything else I've tried. Just thought I would share in case any of you struggle with this like I did. Man, where were teacher blogs and Pinterest when I started teaching? Oh, that's right! They didn't exist yet! Seriously, I did not even have a phone in my classroom when I started teaching, let alone internet access. We didn't have to chisel our lessons in stone, but I did have an actual chalkboard. I am making myself sound oooooold, but it's not like we had to hide from dinosaurs at recess or anything. {I'm 41 for the record. How did that happen so fast??}

Anyway, I digress. Back to organization. I've listed six easy tips and some freebie downloads that might help you if you're struggling with the task of getting student work home in an organized way. Stop by the blog and have a look!

BeBe sure to stop by my blog this weekend. 
I'm having a contest that you won't want to miss!
Photobucket

No comments:

Blogging tips