Monday, September 19, 2011

Words from a 2nd Grader

Last Friday, one of my little cuties came up to my desk, with a friend. They were getting ready to do 'Read to Someone' and her book basket handle was broken. I told her to wait right there while I got something. I got some blue duct tape, ripped a piece off, and wrapped it around the handle. As I handed her the basket, she turned to her friend and said, "Teachers can do ANYTHING!" 

Those words got me out of bed this morning with a smile and made me realize...I can do ANYTHING I put my mind to. I pray I am able to handle what these little 7 and 8-year-olds throw at me today. I also hope that I don't let what the 'tall people' say or do get in the way either.

Have a glorious day my friends! Rock on!
I hope you'll check out my contest on my blog at

3 comments:

Christina Bainbridge said...

That's cute! :)

One of mine asked me a question the other week and after I answered it, one said, "I can't believe she knew the answer" and the kiddo said, "Of course she does. She's a teacher... she knows everything!"

:)
Christina
Mrs. Bainbridge's Blog

Hilary Lewis said...

See!? We really do know everything! :) I love kids...too funny!

Hilary :)

Karen said...

Oh thank you for that! I really needed a laugh this evening!

Blogging tips