Saturday, August 13, 2011

I get to hang with The Gang!

I'm part of the gang! (Sounds better than "I'm a gang member!" right?) I'm beyond thrilled to be part of this amazing collaboration and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here. I've been a teacher in sunny Florida since 1994 and boy have I seen a lot of change in these past few years! Not all of those changes have been positive, especially recently. I've seen things that I never thought I'd see and I've heard things I never thought I'd hear people say about teachers. I found myself getting very drained, very pulled down and I decided I either needed to find a way to cope or find a way out. Thankfully, I decided on the former and my blog, Sunny Days In Second Grade was born! My little corner of the blogosphere is devoted to spreading a little sunshine and focusing on the good things that are happening in our classrooms  despite the wave of negativity that threatens to knock us over sometimes.

Our pre-planning week starts on Monday. I kind of wish I could fast forward through next week. Meetings, meetings, more meetings all capped off with Meet & Greet. Oy! Since next week is pretty much a wash,  I took advantage of the three days I was allowed to go in early and set up my room.
Come by for a visit and see what I was able to accomplish. I'm pretty proud of myself!

See ya soon, friends!
Photobucket

No comments:

Blogging tips