Sunday, August 21, 2011


This week's coffee talk topic: We all spend hours (or days) getting our rooms ready for the new school year. Who has been your real-life hero that has helped you get ready for the new year?

I have a few real-life heroes that I would like to give a shout-out to!

First to my husband, Rob. He patiently moves furniture, cuts out lamination, and fixes anything that needs fixing. He has built most of the furniture in my classroom over the years, and this year he helped me make incredible new library tags and an awning! Click here to see them!

Second, to my niece, Kelsey. She wants to be a teacher when she grows up, and she loves to come help me set up my classroom every year. She stayed with me for 2 1/2 days sorting math manipulatives, writing names on everything, cutting things out . . . she is amazing! And she does such a good job!

Third, to my sister and my mom. They are very creative and crafty, and they helped me with some of the finishing touches on my classroom. My sister, Eve, helped me finish the baskets in the middle of the student tables (check out my blog to see my classroom pictures). My mom is a sewer, and she is going to be selling "It's my birthday" bags, and "I lost a tooth!" bags. They're amazing! I'll post pictures soon for you to see! My students were so excited about them!

So thank you to my real-life heroes-- I couldn't have done it without you!!

Who would you like to recognize?



No comments:

Blogging tips